Saturday 29 January 2011

A Note About Comments

When I started this blog just about two weeks ago, I included a comments function without anyone being required to register or divulge identities. I am grateful for the many positive remarks posted, as well as the substantive criticism.


Unfortunately, as so often happens in anonymous internet world, some of the commenting has devolved into back-and-forth arguing and nitpicking among several anonymous posters - both about what I have written, here and elsewhere, and even about what other commenters have shared in this space. And then I found myself responding, endlessly, in my own comments threads! It was getting to be too close to what they call flame-warring, and I made the decision to delete a slew of these kinds of comments today. I have also deleted two comments, one of which contained a subtle threat (name-calling, followed by "stay safe")and another that was just plain nasty.


I hope everyone continues to feel free to contribute to this blog and share ideas. I will continue to moderate comments and delete those which just seem to harp on the same point, are grossly off-topic or veer off into what I think are superficial arguments. Thanks again, everybody, for your interest and support!


Karen


Everyone is welcome to email me privately at any time. (kmgarcia2000@yahoo.com) I almost always respond personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment